So, I’ve been thinking a lot about networking and how many should one attend per week. I’m not a good networker, but I am trying to up my game 🙂
The thing is… Where do you go to network that would be valuable. One does not want to waste valuable blogging time hanging out with a bunch of people who don’t know anymore than you do about the situation. I’ve read an article recently on Hugo Campbell-Davys (he’s the god of networking and is super connected) and here are his networking pointers:
- GO PREPARED – if you’re going to an art show, read up about the artist. A restaurant? Find out why the chef is special.
- DON’T DANCE – huh? It wastes valuable networking time
- NEVER GET DRUNK – But always carry a full glass of champagne
- PACK IN THE EVENTS – Three per night is sufficient
- BE THE LAST ONE STANDING – So you don’t miss out on the latecomers
- So what do you guys think. Does he have good pointers? The three events per night might do me in…